You are about to learn why I love the car company known as Nissan. Its a Japanese car manufacture that has been around for quite a long time, spending years making their cars unique as they are today.
I used to be annoyed by Nissan cars when I was a kid, reason why is because most of my relatives had the old B12 Sentra's I never really understood why but hey I was a kid. Later on everyone else started getting 92 model Toyota's after that as soon as they were released, I will admit that the old 92 Corolla was one of the nice looking Corolla's i've seen although I am a fan of the SR5/GTS editions of the Corolla. My uncle bought a Nissan Pulsar NX as soon as it was released in the year 87 just a year before I was born. When I saw it as a kid I never really liked it because I was more curious how powerful it was and how it ran. According to my relatives they only cared about looks other than specs.
About 2 years ago, I bought the Pulsar NX off of my uncle for 800, I was happy because it was about time I started driving manual again not only that an old Nissan. My first car used to be a Nissan 300zx, that was when I first started becoming a Nissan fanatic. Before I knew much about cars, I used to love the old Datsun Z cars, they are what makes our new 370z is what it is now. Quick fact, Nissan used to be Datsun and the name change took place in '83 for marketing reasons. I love the Z cars because they had their uniqueness and reputation of being one of the most popular sports cars for their time, as far as I know alot of my relatives used to have one, including my dad. It occured to me that I ended up owning one as a first car.
From my 300zx, I learned so much about cars like no other because it had its problems and dont get me wrong it was a beautiful car but the previous owners didnt had any honor on treating it the way it should of been treated. It was unfortunate I had to get rid of it for hazardous reasons, I will miss it. From there I started reading alot about other Nissan vehicles, I read alot about Altima's, Sentra's, Maxima's, and Foreign models like the Bluebird SSS, Sunny, Pulsar GTiR, Skylines etc. I picked up good knowledge on their engines only because I wanted to know all about what I currently have in my Pulsar NX, its a shame that it wasnt made for performance but it makes me feel unique that I gone far enough to take care of it and keep it rust free for its year. I wish I can make it a bit faster but that might be around the corner who knows.
Nissan to me is a true import tuner, Honda cars are EVERYWHERE and me being a unique individual, I feel like a Nissan car will pretty much define me, Pulsar NX isnt seen around the US anymore. I honestly they are powerful and reliable as long as you know what you have to know to take care of your own possesions. I have been laughed and made fun because my car looks like a "piece of crap DeLorean", well you know what, all those people dont even have a car or have a reliable car, I love when Americans buy something and dont really appreciate what they have. Funny how I blast out my Heavy Metal music and no one says anything haha!
So what was your first car, did it gave you that overprotective affect towards it?
Do you take pride in your possessions?
What is your favorite car make/dream car?
I heart Volkswagen and Mini Cooper so much. Very classic and vintage. Both modern and old design uplift my face:]
ReplyDeleteFollowed you...and follow me back will you? hoho